Basketball has its March Madness, Baseball its spring training, but for cyclists, we own a complete month – May. Sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists, the designation of May as National Bike Month began in 1956 to showcase the many benefits of bicycling.
“Whether you bike to work or school; ride to save money or time; pump those pedals to preserve your health or the environment; or simply to explore your community, National Bike Month is an opportunity to celebrate the unique power of the bicycle and the many reasons we ride.”
At Terry, we’ll be celebrating the month by committing to ride to work and encouraging friends and family to do the same. This year, we’ll also have weekly promotional events that you won’t want to miss so keep an eye out for our emails throughout the month.
Bike Month Events you definitely want to know about:
– CycloFemme’s Global Women’s Cycling Day. 155 rides registered (so far) in 133 cities, 40 states, 16 countries. If there isn’t one already near you, create your own and add to this amazing endeavor!!
– Ohio Women’s Bicycling Summit, Saturday May 3rd, Columbus, OH. Register here.
– Women’s Living the Dream Ride, May 10th, Snohomish County, WA. Options of 18, 24, 36 and 62 miles.
– Velo de Femme Women’s Ride in Paso Robles, CA, on May 24th. 3 route options led by Team Chain Gang.
– Bike to School Day on May 7th. Click here to plan, register or find and event near you.
– Bike to Work Week: May 12-16, with the official “Bike to Work Day” on May 16th.
– Calendar of events in the Pacific Northwest, compliments of BICYCLEPAPER.COM
– Bike to Work Challenge, Fueling stations and an awesome Bike Home From Work Party in NYC with nighttime party in DUMBO. Get the full scoop at bikenyc.org/biketowork.