Inspiring women on the verge of a bicycle breakthrough.

Educational and interesting conversations with others in the bike industry. We cover fitness, fit, trends, how-tos and look at cycling from a woman's perspective.

RSS »iTunes »

Cycling Alaska in Winter

20-06-2018

Not cold enough for you in the lower 48? Then come to Alaska for some real winter riding. Since 1988, my friend Rocky Reifenstuhl has been riding the Yukon in Iditabike, the Yukon Arctic Ultra and the Iditarod Trail Invitational. On February 24, he begins an 1100 mile trip to Nome. If you shiver at the thought of riding at 25 degrees, consider a ride at minus 25 degrees! It's all about the clothes and the mind. And the incredible beauty: "Hoar frost glistens in my headlight as I alternate in awe between the absolute desolate, white indifference and the deafening silence of this black spruce-covered permafrost country. Tires crackle out a report that tells me this snow is COLD." So fix yourself a hot cup of cocoa and listen up.

Categories

Download

Filetype: MP3

Smiley faceFrom the admin area you can customize this box. For instance you can add Widgets and Buttons

You can optionally disable the freebox if you don't need it.