For some reason September lays claim to hosting more bike/microbrew events than any other. Here’s hoping you live close to one of these. Cheers!
TOUR DE FAT
September 3: Fort Collins, Colorado
September 10: Denver, Colorado
September 17: San Francisco, California
September 24: San Diego, California
October 1: Tempe, Arizona
The big daddy of them all, Tour de Fat is New Belgium Brewing’s “traveling celebration of all things bicycle, honoring humankind’s greatest invention.” If you haven’t been to one of these bicycle love-fests, you can at least amuse yourself with their 10 Commandments:
- Put no means of transport before thy bike.
- Honor all other bikes. All bikes are good bikes, and all those who ride them are good people.
- May every generation come forth.
- Thou shall come as a participant not a spectator: It’s a costumed celebration of human powered transportation.
- Thou shalt not bring booze; But enjoy the supplied malted adult refreshments responsibly.
- New Belgium shalt share in the bounty of the booty: Our goal is to raise money for bicycle and environmental charities. On any other day, dressing like a freak and hanging out in the park with thine buddies might be reason for being called a Philanderer, but today thouist a Philanthropist!
Remember the purpose, and bring not your pooches.
- Keep the day true with thy good juju: The ride is free, but we suggest a $5 donation to the good bike advocates who are putting it on for you.
- Thou shall rise early … once we’re full, we will handle overflow like a restaurant or bar: one in, one out.
- Thou shalt not steal thy neighbors’ bike.
ALES FOR TRAILS
September 23: Billings, Montana
A hugely successful, annual fundraiser for the trail system in and around Billings, this brew ha ha is host to over 50 local and regional microbrews.
BIKES & BREWS
September 24: Cañon City, Colorado
This one’s an awesome fall getaway with the Royal Gorge Century Ride (with additional options), ending at a beer festival in southern Colorado.
TOUR DE BREW
September 17: Portland, Oregon
September 24: Columbus, OH
Cyclists and beer communities unite to support local charities and provide clean water access to Central Africa.
September 17: San Ramon, California
Part ride, part party, the V3 is the East Bay’s premier bike ride & craft beer festival.
BIKE TO BEER BENEFIT
September 24: Elmsford, New York
Presented by Eat Local NY, this is a great time for a charity ride and starts/ends at Captain Lawrence Brewing Company in Elmsford, NY. Your registration fee includes the post-ride celebration.
September 18: Northampton, Massachusetts
This 9th annual Tour of the Valley offers up a century and 2 additional shorter routes through spectacular scenery. At the end, gourmet food, beer, live music and more.
TYRANENA OKTOBERFEST BIKE RIDE
September 17: Lake Mills, Wisconsin
14th annual charity fun ride that begins and ends at the Tyranena Brewing Company. Oh boy.
Leave a Reply